Friday, May 17, 2024

April 30, 2023 to May 17, 2024: Stream of Regurgitation

An update? How long has it been? Do I remember what to write? Do I even remember writing anymore? From where should I start? I cannot think of words or phrases. I am fighting the urge to scratch my keyboard in order to just write something, just something. Oh, how I long for words to just flow. Let's see.

April 30, 2023. I abandoned my friends after going shopping with them the day before farewell and shut myself down for a long time. I tried NaPoWriMo and started well but could not finish. I did not get into university. Got a meagre job. I miserably started it. I tried my best. Failed. Perfomed poorly. I cried while working and thanked the universe; it is a work-from-home job, and nobody can see me. I did not attend graduation. I left all group chats and deleted everyone's number. Cried more. I stayed in the room. I rotted on my bed. I watched people pass by, move on, and succeed. Shamefully went back to college to get degrees. Ran back home. My sister came. I stepped out after many months with her. I came back and stayed in my room. I rotted some more. Sister left. I got my probation period extended. I did not eat. I did not drink water. I did not bathe. I did not brush. I just woke up, logged on, worked, logged out, and lied in bed. Got hospitalized.  I got three enemas, and then my excreta was manually removed on a Sunday night in the second hospital. Logged on next morning because no leaves on probation period. Kept rotting. I got off probation. I thought of starting fresh on a random day in March. But I just stayed in my room. Decided to rejoin social media. Rotted while scrolling. I thought of applying for more jobs but didn't get anywhere. Stopped. I tried NaPoWriMo again. Failed miserably. I waited for an increment. The sister came back. I went out again after a long time. I got poked for not stepping out more. I made it through with closed fists and pretention. I tried eating something, but they put eggs in it. The drink was nice. Minty Melon. I tried clicking pictures. It came out ugly. Deleted. I just posted a photo of my shoes on Instagram. Never going out again. I thought of starting to read again. Read nine pages of White Oleander, posted on Instagram. Couldn't continue. Stopped. Weighed myself. 62 kgs. The father called me fat. I thought of writing research papers again. I tried starting, but I don't know whether I will go along. I got promoted and a meagre, blurry increment, but my team lead asked for me to fill in for her. I got triggered while opening the curtains, lost myself, and screamed again after a super long time. Cried. I thought of applying for entrance tests again. Memories of incompetence and mediocrity rushed back. I cried my rot out. But it still feels the same. I ordered a pizza. I ate for two days. Belly feels heavy with burden and melted regret. May 17, 2024. A friend reached out to me on Instagram. Asking about where I work. How can she get in? I fought every single fibre of my remaining rot. Responded with some kind words and helped. I saw the Instagram story of another collegemate. She chose not to join the job she got in college. For which I was waitlisted. Rather, passed entrance exams. Studied further. I might lose myself again. Tried screaming. Nothing came out. I finally sat down to write.

Still in my room. Randomly breaking down. In my corner. There is no one to hold onto. There was no one to hug. There is no one to rely on. There is no one to sit silently with. Just rotting while rotating different balls of gathered wool. Trying to break free but keep falling into quicksand of delusions, sinking deeper and farther away from reality with every slap from it. Trying to sit straight and drink enough water while there is a constant tug-of-war between chasing a chimaera and the harsh reality bringing me back to my rock-bottom worth. This is getting too pathetic. Maybe I should just stop. What have I become? Just a pot of jealousy and misery. For what? Why? Was it because of the lack of love in my mother's eyes or the lack of recognition in my father's? Or is it because my mother's words turned out to be true that I will forever be a burden to my sister? Or is it my father's belief that furthered my incompetence and I just smalled myself? Or, is it because I have a second father now? I try to concoct all these reasons, thinking this might change things. But I know for a fact they won't. I will fall and try to get up while fantasising again about starting over again just to forget how much it hurt to fall than the last time. Even though I know I will remain in this endless cycle, I will never be able to make peace with it. I think I will forever remain here and try to start reading again, but I am actually building castles in Spain while people watch my second mother. I should stop writing now, or should I call it a stream of regurgitation?

- Oizys.

2 comments:

  1. I try not to overempathize, generally, and I'm sure our lives are deeply different in many ways, but I've found myself in a similar position to what you describe over the last year. The feeling of rotting in bed, the depression, the isolation, the sense of aimlessness I see (project?) in your words.

    All this to say: you write evocatively and clearly, in a way I can only aspire to. I stumbled upon your website by chance through cloudhiker and I am so glad I did: you have put to words feelings I have found myself unable to, and you have made me feel less alone. I felt compelled to tell you that, in case maybe you want to feel less alone too.

    I don't know you, but I've read your lovely poetry from this past year (it's so satisfying to read aloud!) and one thing I can say: even if you didn't write a poem every day for NaPoWriMo, even if that was your goal, it hardly seems to me like you failed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daph,

    Your comments have touched me deeply, and I want to thank you for that. I rarely mainstream-advertise my blog, quietly hoping that it might one day be discovered by someone who needs it. I submitted my blog to a few corners of the internet, silently wishing for a reader like you to stumble upon it. Your chance encounter feels like the universe affirming that hope. Thank you for your kindness and for making me feel less alone in this vast digital world. Your presence here is a reminder of why I continue to write and share my work. Let’s keep finding and providing solace and inspiration through each other’s words.

    ~ Oizys.

    ReplyDelete

Comments for this blog are held for moderation before they are published to the blog.

I will read them and publish them. Be patient and do not fear to pour your heart into it.