Bloom: Filed Under Pending
Tuesday arrived late,
wearing Monday’s floral badge.
I opened the prompt
like unpaid mail.
Inside: bloom.
Garden bloom? No.
Obedient marigold? No.
More like fungus
on old grief:
tender, suspicious,
still choosing light
from the damp corner
where I had filed
myself under
pending.
~ Oizys.
Word count: 44
Written for dVerse Quadrille Monday: “Come Bloom With Me!!!” May 4, 2026.
Tuesday, May 5, 2026
[dVerse] May 4th - Bloom: Filed Under Pending
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW!!! This:
ReplyDelete"More like fungus
on old grief:
tender, suspicious,
still choosing light
from the damp corner
where I had filed
myself under
pending."
From the beginning of the poem....admitting the late entrance etc...it is a negative tone....and then the questions with the answers "no" and then the lines I've quoted above.
And I don't at all mean negative in terms of the value. It is remarkable poem....so well done! Thank you so much for posting!
Just an amazing write! I so wish you'd put this up on Mr. Linky earlier....so many more would have read this. It really is marvelous!
Thank you so much, Lillian. This means a lot, especially because that “filed under pending” feeling was very close to the bone for me. I am so, so late to so many things, including tenderness, apparently! But. I am so glad the poem still found you.
DeleteSometimes I feel like I go straight in the trash, not even opened. Loved this! Have always felt left behind which feels similar to me ❤️
ReplyDeleteOh Michelle, I feel this so much. “Straight in the trash, not even opened” is painfully exact. That left-behind feeling has its own weather, doesn’t it? Thank you for reading this so closely and for leaving a very relatable comment. ❤️
Delete“tender, suspicious
ReplyDeletestill choosing light”
A miracle!
Thank you, Melissa. A miracle with side-eye, perhaps... but still a miracle. 🌱
Delete